Have you ever wondered why most of our roads and highways are concrete made? How about buildings, houses, bridges and heavy structures?
Most major structures in almost all cities of the world are build out of concrete, but have you ever asked yourself why? Well, the reason is very simple, and I’m pretty sure you have an idea, and I’m also sure that even without knowing exactly why, you can conclude on a reasonable answer.
Although there’s no need to be an expert on urban planning or building materials to know why concrete is awesome, I want to give you 7 very good reasons why concrete is the best building material, you know, just so there’s no room for doubts.
OK, here we go:
- Reason #1: Concrete is a very STRONG building material, that means that instead of weakening, it hardens over time. So if the structure is strong enough to hold 10 pink elephants, 20 years later it will hold at least 15.
- Reason #2: Concrete INCREASES the VALUE of your property. Having stamped concrete or any type of concrete improvements in your landscape will make your property more appealing to potential buyers and they will make a better offer just because of this reason.
- Reason #3: Have you ever noticed the difference from driving on a concrete road vs an asphalt paved one? If you have, then you must agree with me that driving on a concrete road feels much more smoother than driving over asphalt. That’s right, our #3 reason is, concrete is a SMOOTH material, that means that it’s a good option if you want to take care of your car’s tires.
- Reason #4: I would like to say we’ll live longer than concrete, but honestly, how old is the Pantheon? That is why one of the many benefits of concrete is DURABILITY.
- Reason #5: Do you know that Zig Ziglar’s quote “Be firm on principle but flexible on method”? Well, that’s exactly what concrete does! Concrete is a firm but super FLEXIBLE material, that means you can give any shape and form you want to it! (We’ve got so much to learn about it…)
- Reason #6: Concrete is one of the few building materials that is ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY, as it doesn’t need any toxic preservatives and it produces no emissions.
- Reason #7: It is a very AFFORDABLE material. Concrete costs less money to produce compared to other materials such as steel, and even though prices vary depending on the company you hire you can expect prices to be similar everywhere. Also, it requires very little maintenance, so the cost of ownership is lower!
With this said, I have no doubts you’re gonna be choosing concrete the next time you want to start a new building project around your house, but if you still have questions about concrete benefits don’t hesitate and contact the Agundez Concrete team. We’re here to help you!